They’re both women you love, so the answer is 100% yes, right?
You can build an empire with enough financial pull to buy both your Oma and your spouse the Hawaiian getaways they deserve, but you’re not going to get the same kind of kiss after you hand over the tickets.
So why wouldn’t you apply the same nuances you see between the people you love to the online platforms that boost the business you love?
You can literally reduce everything you do as a business owner to two things:
- Building a world class product
- Letting the whole freak’n world know about it
That second part is marketing.
To market effectively, you have to understand the nuances of the platforms you’re marketing on and why your target market is there in the first place.
- On Facebook, they’re looking for dopamine releases from likes, shares, and posts they already agree with.
- On Instagram, they’re looking for eye-catching photos or mini-videos that speak to their interests.
- On Google, they’re looking for the answer to any one of a hundred million different questions.
- You can’t afford to not understand this reasoning because you’re trying to sell effectively.
I see people treating advertising via Amazon ads like advertising on search engines, but guess what? Your wife’s not your grandmother. Your cat’s not your dog. And Amazon’s not Google or Bing!