You coach people, right? What do you actually do?
I spend five weeks coaching people, teaching them to be successful on Amazon – or on eBay, or on their e-commerce website, or sales funnel, or real estate. I find a need in the market and I help my clients market their abilities to fulfill that need. So, it’s a five-week stint of intense one-on-one coaching. Sometimes it’s fun, sometimes it’s hilarious, and sometimes it’s frustrating. It’s never easy, but it’s always rewarding.
Seth, is this a multi-level marketing (MLM) scheme?
Absolutely not. I don’t work for an organization. I’m not trying to draw you into a company. I work for myself, and I’m teaching others to work for themselves, too, so they can generate passive income and free themselves from the burden of living paycheck to paycheck.
What exactly do you mean by passive income?
Don’t you have to work for income? How can it be passive if you have to work for it?
Ninety-two percent of all jobs pay you only when you work. If you stop working, you stop getting paid, and if you want to get paid more, you have to give up free time with your family, time spent working on passions, time spent trying new adventures. You always have to give up something.
Passive income is different. Money keeps coming in, even when you’re not working. You might be reading a book, writing a story, or spending time with your family – and money will still come in. Passive income gives you freedom to take a break and pursue your passions.
Now, passive income doesn’t mean you don’t work at all. It means you build a system. You spend time and effort building up the system, and then the system sustains itself. Your multiple streams of income make money, even when you’re sleeping.
Is this some kind of get-rich-quick scheme that doesn’t take a ton of time to get going?
Yes…and no. No, this isn’t a get-rich-quick scheme, but yes, you can get very rich doing it. You have to put in a lot of hard work up-front to build up a steady stream of revenue. Once that revenue stream is created, all you have to do is check on it and tweak it here and there, making small adjustments.
With traditional hourly or salary jobs, there are caps on how much you can earn. I kicked butt at Apple for 12 solid months, going above and beyond every day, and when my performance review came around, I only got a 5% raise. By selling on Amazon or eBay, or investing in real estate, you could easily see a 150% increase in income in only a few months. That’s a no-brainer, for me; that’s the life I want to live.
Is this a prosperity gospel gig?
Nope. Absolutely not. This is a laborer-is-worth-of-his-labor gig. I believe in the free market and enterprise. I believe in pay being proportionate to output – not seniority, office politics, or personality types.
Do you get paid for what you do?
Yes, I get paid for my coaching.
Right off the bat, I can tell you my rates are 25% lower than the average rates in the market. I’m not doing this because I need the money; I’m doing this because it’s what I love to do. I enjoy coaching. I like helping and inspiring other people to take control of their income and start making time to pursue their passions, without being chained down by a traditional job. That being said, my services still have value, so I do get paid.
With every client, I start with a free one-hour meeting. I ask a ton of questions. I ask the client to be completely transparent. Once I understand the client’s goals, I help them develop a strategy to match their strengths and knowledge with a need in the market that they can fulfill.
Is this starting a new business?
Yes, but view it more like a new revenue stream, which is much different.
I try to keep it simple: zero to minimal overhead, no employees, no HR departments, no office politics, no sitting in traffic on the way to work. It’s just you, your computer, and me asking you some tough questions and holding you to a high standard. If you’re teachable and self-driven, with a strong work ethic, you’ll succeed.
What exactly do I get out of this?
First, I help you find top-selling products on Amazon. Nothing so hot you can’t compete – just items that are trending enough for you to ride the wave and make some money.
But that’s not all I do.
- I help you find suppliers who have your product type manufactured or who can custom make your product for you.
- I help you vet suppliers for trustworthiness, so you don’t have to worry about getting scammed.
- I help you negotiate with suppliers to get the best deal possible.
- I help you determine which international shipper is best to use and whether you should have your products shipped by plane or by sea.
- I teach you how to reduce risk and minimize fees when paying international suppliers.
- I help you build your product descriptions based on the weaknesses of your competitors.
- I help you form product descriptions that resonate psychologically with potential buyers.
- I help you price your products based on rank and competition, because the lowest price isn’t always the best.
- I help you differentiate your product, so it stands out from the crowd.
- I help you get the buy box on Amazon, so your option is the first to show up. (90-98% of sales come from the buy box.)
- I show you how to private label your product so other sellers can’t sell it.
- I show you how to protect your products legally, just in case a shady seller tries to undercut you or take your branding.
- I show you how to get reviews for your products, so they rank higher in Amazon’s search results.
- I show you how to deal with negative customer feedback.
- I show you how to pack up and send out products to Amazon FBA, step-by-step.
- I show you how to create ad campaigns on Amazon, so your products sell even more.
If you work with me, I ask you for two things:
First – take every bit of profit you make on Amazon and put it back into your business. Before you make the money, you have to create the machine. By spending that initial profit, you’re slowing down your progress. Your investment will pay off when the money starts working for you, bringing in revenue 24/7.
Second – commit and follow through. A traditional job only pays you when you work. The key is to build a system that works for you, so you get paid even when you’re not working. You need to put in the initial time, effort, and commitment to build the system. When the machine starts working for you, you’ll have all the time in the world.